How to 1v1 In CSGO: The Definitive Guide
1 on 1 battles are a great way to diversify your CSGO pastime, especially if you’re bored with the standard 5 on 5 competition mode. Recently they are becoming more and more popular, because you can not only sharpen your combat skills, but also get a little comparable adrenaline charge.
If you don’t know how to set up such a match without bots, don’t worry. This article is, in fact, a step-by-step instruction on how to do it.
Not only will we cover the settings, teams, and maps for 1 on 1 duels, but we’ll also try to explain why it’s worth at least trying them, and tell you which sites support tournaments in this mode.
How to create a 1 on 1 game in CS:GO
There are several ways, but the one we will tell you about is creating a private server. It is the fastest because it takes no more than 2 minutes.
All you need to do – just load one of the cards, run the match, and then set the necessary settings or type in the console commands. Everything is simple, even a complete beginner can figure it out.
Note: On standard CSGO competitive maps, 1 on 1 duels can last a very long time. That’s why you’ll need a special custom map.
Step 1: Load 1-on-1 Battle maps
The first step is to select the map where you will duel with your friend. However, if you have already decided that you want to duel on standard competitive maps such as de_mirage or de_train, then you can skip this step.
Here are the best, in our opinion, aim maps for 1 on 1 duels. Hyperlinks lead to the Steam master, where these maps can be downloaded immediately. To download the map, just click on the green “Subscribe” button.
- aim_crashz_dust_1on1 (author crashz)
- aim_map (by FREIHH and leplubodeslapin)
- aim_redline (by FREIHH and leplubodeslapin)
- aim_ak_day (by FREIHH and leplubodeslapin)
Note: After you click on “subscribe”, the map will be automatically added to your account. If it is not in the list of maps, restart the game.
Step 2: Run the server 1 on 1
Now we launch a private server that you and a friend can join afterwards. Starting such a server is similar to starting a game with bots. The only difference is that you need one of the maps loaded and additional commands.
However, if you don’t want to host the server yourself, you can use ready-made solutions and tournament platforms.
Note: There are several verified sites where you can create a free 1 on 1 game on their servers. Look for their list in the penultimate part of this article.
So, to start a 1 on 1 server, do the following:
- Go into the lobby as you normally do to start a competitive match
- At the top, select the menu “Workshop Maps” instead of “Official Matchmaking
- Invite your opponent into the lobby
- Choose the map you wish to play
- Click on the green Go button below.
- Select “Casual” or “Competitive” as your mode and click on “Go
Step 3: Enter Commands for the 1 on 1 Mode
All that’s left to do now is to add the necessary commands. This will change the game mode and set the most important settings like the number of rounds, free body armor, round time, and time to purchase weapons.
Note: A total of 25 commands will need to be entered – that’s too many to put into the console all at once. That’s why we split them into 2 groups: mandatory commands and additional commands.
In addition, these commands will kick bots and finish the warm-up. To use them, open the console and press the “~” key.
Here are the mandatory commands:
mp_warmup_end; mp_weapons_allow_map_placed “1”; mp_roundtime “2”; mp_roundtime_defuse “2”; mp_buytime “5”; mp_freezetime “3”; mp_round_restart_delay “5”; mp_maxrounds “16”; mp_halftime “1”; mp_match_can_clinch “1”; bot_kick all; mp_restartgame “3”
Here are the additional commands:
mp_overtime_enable “0”; mp_startmoney “16000”; mp_t_default_primary “weapon_ak47”; mp_t_default_secondary “weapon_p250”; mp_ct_default_primary “weapon_ak47”; mp_ct_default_secondary “weapon_p250”; mp_restartgame “3”
Tip: After starting the game, enter the command sv_cheats 0. Otherwise your friend can use cheat commands like r_drawothermodels 2, which enables volhak.
The advantages of one-on-one duels
We’re done with the technical side. It turned out to be not so hard, right? But if you’ve just started playing CSGO, you might be wondering whether you need 1-on-1 duels at all. We totally understand.
As you probably know, CSGO is a team-based competitive game, where two teams of 5 players each fight each other to either defuse or detonate a bomb. So why play 1 on 1 then? Here’s why:
- Practice aiming. In Counter-Strike, not only are team skills important, but individual skills as well. And the latter you can practice on your own, without your friends. One proven way to improve your aiming is to practice on aim cards
- Clutches. Winning an important clutch can play an important role in the entire match. Therefore, anyone should practice these situations, let’s not be afraid of the word. Some players love clutching, some just hate it, and if you’re from the second category, you should definitely try dueling 1 on 1
- Adrenaline. The moments when you come face to face with your opponent generate horse doses of adrenaline. There is no one else to rely on – victory in the match depends only on you. So if you like adrenaline-fueled game situations where your heart is ready to jump out of your chest, definitely pay attention to 1 on 1 duels
- Street Respect. Sometimes it happens that you want to show off in front of your friends or even earn their respect. Hardly any better way to do this than in a 1 on 1 duel on an AimServer – especially if you can beat your opponent in a blowout.
Duels 1 on 1 Tournament Sites
In the section where we explained how to run a server, we also mentioned that you don’t necessarily need to host the server yourself.
Why? Because there are at least a few people in the world who have come up with the genius idea of creating tournament platforms. With them, you can run a 1 on 1 duel on an online server without having to type commands and host the server.
Here are a few of the most popular ones:
- FACEIT: A large competitive gaming platform for PvP players with over 8 million users.
- PVPRO: A medium-sized platform with dozens of tournaments with interesting prizes every day
- Challengermode: A gaming platform focused on providing the best gaming experience possible.
Counter-Strike is a team game, and its most popular mode is competitive 5-on-5 battles. But after a while this mode can get boring. And once in a while you can indulge yourself in 1-on-1 duels that are a good way to avoid this routine.
Setting up a private match is banal simple and takes only a few minutes. Duels are worth trying, at the very least, because they help improve aiming, become better at clutching, and earn the respect of your teammates. A nice bonus is a powerful adrenaline boost.
Now you know how to create duels 1 on 1 in CS:GO, what the benefits are and what sites can help you with this. If you forget something and do not understand, you can return to this guide at any time. Good luck!